Director of Manufacturing Engineering - St. Louis, MO (Hybrid) (Manchester, NH, Hamilton, OH)
Location: Fenton, Missouri, Greenville, Alabama, Hamilton, Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
This is a hybrid role and can sit in a Hubbell Light Industrial office in the Greater Cincinnati area, Greenville Alabama, Greater St. Louis area or Manchester, NH.
The Director of Manufacturing Engineering is an exciting, newly created role for the Light Industrial segment. The scope of the role is heavily focused on capital deployment, productivity implementation and tracking of both along with R&R and other project execution. There are opportunities with NPD/NPX projects, capacity expansion, technology advancements, and automation deployment. The person in this role will be expected to have a deep understanding in all of these activities across all Light Industrial sites and drive completion on time and on budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities below included for all Light Industrial locations, present and future:
- Work with plant managers and site engineering leaders to propose annual capital budgets on a 3 year rolling cycle
- Manage annual approved capital budget for on time completion at each BU and take action when necessary to adhere to the plan
- Manage annual productivity budget to meet/exceed annual operating plan (AOP)
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate reporting ties with BU Financials
- Constantly survey manufacturing technologies and propose solutions for Hubbell’s BU’s where applicable
- Responsible for SAP data integrity with respect to material routing times, both human and machine times
- Determine appropriate manufacturing location, process and potential new equipment needs for all New Product Development initiatives
- Support Lean initiatives such as Factory Master Plan, Kaizen 3E, Value Stream Maps, Lean Certification, etc.
- Support due diligence activities for any potential acquisitions as appropriate
- Responsible for increased deployment of the automation strategy within Light Industrial
- Ensure each factory is appropriately staffed with Manufacturing Engineering Support based on current business conditions
- Have oversight of all major non-capital projects such as capacity increases, insource/outsource plans, product moves within factories, and others as assigned
- Represent Light Industrial internally on any R&R activities in conjunction with Segment/Corporate resources
- Collaborate with Segment & Corporate Manufacturing departments to ensure consistency and alignment on standards such as equipment vendors (if applicable) and processes (i.e. MES solutions, consultants, software, etc.)
- Identify, justify, and implement cost cutting and/or quality improvement activities using new/improved manufacturing technologies including automation and lean practices
- Contribute in strategy planning sessions with senior management
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (or greater) with any engineering/operations/manufacturing discipline
10 years’ experience minimum
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.