Senior Firmware Engineer - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Provide technical excellence in developing firmware for grid modernizing products. Participate in the development of project plans including reviewing and evaluating code and other deliverables produced by the team. Participate in product deployment and provide support in resolving customer technical support issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Firmware design, coding, test and documentation for micro controller based products
- Help develop firmware functional specifications and requirements documentation for new products.
- Contribute cost estimates and schedules for firmware development tasks.
- Develop unit and integration test methods to ensure system meets requirement.
- Ensure designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g. ANSI, UL).
- Help establish and follow proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware
- Analyze and resolve field problems. Perform root cause analysis and determine effect preventive action(s).
- Support the work of other engineers on project teams.
- Participate in technical reviews of the work performed by the group.
- Serve as lead firmware developer when necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ aggregate Engineering experience (graduate thesis work included as experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing C code for embedded systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Logic analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Function generators.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using SCM tools (e.g. GIT).
- Experience using real-time operating systems.
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Experience with debugging/troubleshooting techniques.
- Understanding of static source code analysis tools/methods.
- Competent user of Visio or other flowcharting tools.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced engineering degree.
- Experience working on low-level, microcontroller-based products (e.g.: Cortex-M series & MSP430)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Python programing experience
- Experience in developing design documentation (requirements, flowcharts, data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, etc.)
- Experience in the utility industry.
130 Main Street
Somersworth, NH 03878
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.