Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Le Roy, New York
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for execution of cross functional Continuous Improvement initiatives within the plant. Key responsibilities include analyzing the current manufacturing state to identify improvement opportunities, executing improvement projects, and sustaining new and existing improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes
- Pursue continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost
- Identify opportunities and execute cost reduction process improvement projects
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Lead capital improvement projects to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing processes
- Work closely with the product design team to ensure manufacturability of new products and designs
- Work with the quality control team to ensure that manufacturing processes meet or exceed quality standards
- Maintain technical documentation for manufacturing processes and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Manufacturing, preferred but not required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- AutoCAD experience required
- Strong computer skills, Excel and or database software experience required
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.