US Payroll Operations Supervisor
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The US Payroll Operations Supervisor leads the team responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of employee payroll and actions in partnership with Hubbell Incorporated's managed services providers, ADP and Ceridian. This includes supervising a team of Payroll Operations and Employee Services Specialists as well as any temporary labor force required to deliver complete, accurate, and timely payrolls for the business. The US Payroll Operations Supervisor serves as a point of escalation within Hubbell to resolve payroll-related issues and is the day-to-day liaison with managed services provider.
- Supervises a team of 4, plus any additional temporary labor force, as required in the daily operations for US Payroll, including work allocation, training, and incident resolution.
- Assist with testing time and payroll system functionality, as well as policies and procedures
- Comply with all audit requirements and internal control standards for supporting documentation and accuracy
- Coach, Develop, Mentor Payroll Operations and Employee Service Specialists to build and continuously improve capacity and capability of the Payroll Operations Organization.
- Provide review and approval of payroll-related actions as necessary while maintaining segregation of duties and strong internal controls.
- Manage the day-to-day vendor relationship with Managed Services Providers (ADP and Ceridian) to ensure payroll is accurate, complete and timely.
- Serve as the primary liaison between payroll, HR Operations, Benefits, Compensation, Talent and Finance for the day-to-day support and issue resolution.
- Analyze tickets in the ServiceNow and vendor CRM tools to identify trends and recommend process improvements and policy/procedure updates to improve service, compliance and efficiency.
- Serve as Tier 2 support and point of escalation for tickets that are not resolved by the Payroll Operations and Employee Services Specialists.
- Lead Payroll Operations Quarter and Year-End Activities, including, but not limited to, pay analysis, balancing and corrective entries for fleet, cross-border, perqs, and relocation off-cycle payrolls, W2 reconciliation; W2c processing
- Ensure SOX compliance and control requirements are met, supporting internal and external auditor requests
- Responsible for preparing, testing, and maintaining procedures and documentation for Payroll Operations.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent and/or combination of related work experience and education
- 5+ Years multi-state, multi-entity, high volume (7,000+ employees) payroll processing experience required
- 3+ Payroll Team supervisor/leadership experience required.
- Experience with ADP GlobalView, Ceridian Dayforce and SuccessFactors HR
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred
- Ability to research, understand, and apply intermediate federal, state, and local tax regulations relation to payroll, labor and employment
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask; must be able to balance competing priorities.
- Strong Microsoft skills, with advanced Excel proficiency
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Must understand end-to-end payroll processing cycle, including quarter and annual activities
- Superior analytical and organization skills with a focus on synthesizing information, using sound judgement, formulating conclusions and articulating data in a way that is meaningful and valuable to customers.
- Integrity and Trustworthiness specific to confidentiality of employee records
- Ability to manage workplace relationships; be proactive in resolving issues
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes that my occur with vendors, systems, policies, etc.; and willingness to be flexible to ensure payroll deadlines are met.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.