Senior Director, IT Enterprise Architect - Greenville, SC (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a hybrid role that can be based our of Hubbell offices in either Greenville (SC), Shelton (CT) or St. Louis (MO).
The Senior Director, IT Enterprise Architect will lead a newly formed Enterprise Architecture team within the Enterprise IT organization at Hubbell which consists of application architects, cloud solution architects, and the system integration team. This organization will be tasked with defining and evolving Hubbell’s overall enterprise technology strategy and application roadmap. In addition to building out and leading a team of application architects, the IT Enterprise Architect will be expected to partner closely across the IT organization to design enterprise wide solutions that deliver on business outcomes and align with Hubbell IT’s enterprise standards. As a senior leader on the Information Technology team, this individual will play a critical role in developing the overall technology platform roadmap for our future in order to drive change and innovation across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Enterprise Architecture team, including employee management and work load assignment.
- Lead, motivate, and develop team of managers and individual contributors, continuously improving the team’s influence and impact with executives and senior leaders.
- Develop and maintain the overall enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap in alignment with business strategy and goals.
- Lead the development of technology and application standards in compliance with stated enterprise standards.
- Collaborate with business leaders and IT business partners to understand their goals and develop technology solutions to enable key outcomes.
- Partner with IT technical delivery teams to ensure the alignment of individual technology solutions with the overall defined architecture strategy.
- Provide leadership and oversight of an architecture review board for application development and project implementations.
- Partner with IT leaders to ensure appropriate governance and oversight of technology solutions including development, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship within the enterprise architecture team and application architects within individual IT delivery organizations.
- Remain current with emerging trends and technologies across the industry and identify opportunities to improve Hubbell’s current solution set.
- Develop and manage a departmental budget.
- Collaborate with the IT leadership team to improve the overall technical solution set across the enterprise.
- Provide oversight and enterprise guidance in the creation of common, core solutions in support of areas that include enterprise workflow management, common approval & notification engines, and data integration platforms.
- In partnership with application management team, provide architecture oversight and guidance to develop an enterprise wide strategy for low code / no code solution platforms.
- Collaborate across the IT organization to learn, evaluate, and develop potential deployment strategies for applying emerging technology and industry trends to business challenges.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of industry experience in a related (IT or technology) capability demonstrating increased responsibility within an organization.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise architecture, including experience in developing and implementing enterprise architecture strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience leading teams of technical professionals.
- Exemplary and demonstrated communications skills including ability to clearly articulate broad complex concepts to different audiences, and ability to present to large groups both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving both in-house and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing, leading and oversight of people and activities.
- Strong conceptual ability in how to create a value proposition for consumers, partners, and internal teams and drive solutions.
- Previous experience collaborating with global teams.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.