Senior Director, IT Digital Experience - Shelton, CT (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a hybrid position that can be based out of Hubbell offices in Shelton (CT), Greenville (SC) or St. Louis (MO).
The Senior Director, IT Digital Experience will oversee Hubbell’s growth of Digital Channels by engaging with internal business units, the Information Technology team, and external vendors. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position will be responsible for designing and implementing digital solutions in support of Hubbell’s business portfolio with specific focus on B2B and eCommerce solutions. This includes the evolution of new digital offerings that leverage data sets and the creation and measurement of strong data engagement from our clients. As a senior leader on the Information Technology team, this individual will leverage best practices to ensure Omni-digital delivery of products and services that align to with Hubbell’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all day-to-day operations of the Digital Experience team, inclusive of technical, creative, client service and strategy functions.
- Provide technical and program leadership for Hubbell’s B2B applications.
- Establish and promote the digital strategy of Hubbell.com and related external web applications that deliver on a diverse set of business needs.
- Lead strong collaboration and partnership across business units and corporate functions.
- Partner with executive business stakeholders and IT leadership team to align product roadmaps with business needs.
- Promote an optimization mindset, initiating a continuous release approach to improving key site elements (registration, downloads, etc.) to drive incremental revenue.
- Develop and execute digital customer experience strategies that align with key customer journey goals across acquisition, product purchase, educating, and self-service via the digital properties.
- Reports and monitors projects to keep executive management well informed of the status of development efforts and serve as a liaison between development staff and project stakeholder.
- Ensures development staff document requirements to make recommendations for digital platforms, usability and technology adoption.
- Lead, motivate, and develop team of managers and individual contributors, continuously improving the team’s influence and impact with executives and senior leaders.
- Keep abreast on new and emerging technologies and independently looks for ways to improve Hubbell’s digital platforms and lifecycle integration methods and frameworks.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of industry experience in a related (digital experience and leadership) capability demonstrating increased responsibility within an organization.
- 5+ years of Agile product management, product development, or related program / portfolio management experience.
- Exemplary and demonstrated communications skills including ability to clearly articulate broad complex concepts to different audiences, and ability to present to large groups both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving both in-house and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing, leading and oversight of people and activities.
- Strong conceptual ability in how to create a value proposition for consumers, partners, and internal teams and drive solutions.
- Previous experience collaborating with global teams.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.