Sr. IT Project Manager - Shelton, CT (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a hybrid position that can be located in multiple Hubbell offices including, Greenville (SC), Shelton (CT) or St. Louis (MO).
The role of the IT Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and deliver large scale enterprise level IT related projects utilizing both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. This includes all aspects of planning and coordinating the efforts of internal team members and external vendors to deliver projects according to plan. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting project scope and objectives, defining milestones, creating the project plan, and managing the execution, implementation, and closure of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will report directly to the VP, IT Enterprise Applications with a dotted line relationship to the VP, IT Integration and Transformation. Job duties to include:
- Manage large scale IT Enterprise Application related projects including all aspects of managing large project teams (IT and non-IT) as well as sponsor and stakeholder relationships
- Assist with IT Enterprise Applications project portfolio management and intake process
- Collaborate with IT Business Relationship Managers, Enterprise Architect, and other senior IT leaders on project roadmap development and execution
Must be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally up to 30%
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have 8+ years demonstrated experience managing large IT related projects with a focus on software implementations, enhancements, and upgrades in the applications space. S/He should have demonstrated experience managing projects in a cloud or on-prem environment using Agile and Waterfall methodologies and be accustomed to running scrum style daily meetings as well as weekly status calls and regular stakeholder/sponsor executive report outs. This role may require managing multiple projects in parallel.
Experience should include a successful track record of working all aspects of vendor management including statement of work finalization, onboarding, PO/invoice management, deliverable tracking, and seamless coordination and orchestration of work being done by vendors with what is being delivered by the internal team. Experience managing SAP related projects highly desirable.
Experience should include a track record of successful on-time and on-budget projects involving all aspects of project management:
- Requirements gathering
- Vendor management
- Status facilitation
- Executive report outs and communications
- Issue and risk management
- Budget management
- Schedule management
- Implementation and delivery
The successful candidate should have full command of the following methodologies and tools
- Agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Microsoft Office 365 and Teams
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Azure DevOps a plus
- Cherwell service/ticket management a plus
- SAP a plus
The successful candidate must be comfortable and experienced leading large teams and presenting to the highest levels of executive management
- Confident, can command an audience
- Ability to motivate and get the most out of team members
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Can arbitrate effectively
- Highly organized
- Comfortable navigating complex environments with competing demands and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- PMI/CPM certification a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.