IT Program Management - St Louis, MO (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Program Manager to lead the development and deployment of our Enterprise Reporting Application with Advanced Analytics, utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques to extract actionable insights from data. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the program, overseeing project teams, and ensuring successful delivery of the program objectives. Overall, the Program Manager should have a combination of technical, business, and leadership skills, along with relevant experience, to effectively lead the deployment of the Enterprise Reporting Application with Advanced Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Program Manager is responsible for creating and managing the project plan, including setting project goals, defining project scope, identifying project milestones, and assigning tasks to team members.
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders, including business executives, technical teams, and end-users, to ensure that the project is aligned with business objectives, and all stakeholders are kept informed of the project's progress.
- Fiduciary responsibility for project resources, including people, time, and budget, to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that the application is developed and deployed to meet quality standards and is compliant with all relevant regulations and standards.
- The Program Manager is responsible for identifying and managing project risks, including developing risk management plans, monitoring risks throughout the project, and implementing risk response strategies.
- Responsible for communicating with technical teams, including data scientists, developers, and architects, to ensure that the application is developed to meet technical requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that the end-users adopt the application, including developing user training materials and providing user support.
- The Program Manager is responsible for managing change throughout the project, including identifying change requests, assessing the impact of changes on the project, and implementing change management strategies.
- Responsible for evaluating the success of the project, including conducting project post-mortems, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in program management, with a focus on enterprise reporting and analytics applications.
- The Program Manager should have a proven track record of successfully managing complex projects, including experience in planning, scheduling, resource allocation, risk management, and stakeholder management.
- Should have a good understanding of the technical aspects of the application, including data management and analytics, programming languages, cloud computing platforms, big data technologies, and software development methodologies.
- Has a strong business acumen and be able to understand how the application will add value to the organization and align with the overall business strategy.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with technical teams, business executives, and end-users.
- Must be able to inspire and motivate the team, set expectations, and provide guidance and support throughout the project.
- Should have strong problem-solving skills and be able to make quick decisions when necessary.
- Must have a good understanding of the industry in which the organization operates and be familiar with the specific challenges and opportunities in that industry.
- Should have prior experience leading similar projects, including deploying enterprise reporting applications with advanced analytics.
- Strong technical acumen and experience with advanced analytics and insights technologies, such as AI/ML, data visualization, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of programming languages and database technologies used in the development and deployment of the application, such as SQL, Python, Java, and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, and big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture principles, including service-oriented architecture (SOA), microservices, and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall, and be able to apply them effectively to manage the deployment process.
- Results-driven: The Program Manager must be focused on delivering results and achieving the objectives of the project. They should be able to motivate the team and hold them accountable for meeting their commitments.
- Effective communication: The Program Manager must be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including business executives, technical teams, and end-users. They should be able to articulate the benefits and features of the application in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management skills: The Program Manager must have excellent project management skills to keep the deployment on schedule, manage resources, and mitigate risks.
- Leadership: The Program Manager must be a strong leader who can inspire and motivate the team, set expectations, and provide guidance and support throughout the project. They should also be able to handle conflicts and manage difficult situations.
Degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, engineering, or business, and may have relevant certifications, such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Six Sigma Black Belt.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.