Specialist, Trade Shows and Events (Hybrid)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Specialist, Trade Shows and Events supports Hubbell’s marketing event team through management of logistics for trade shows, attendance at local events, and/or assisting with industry events. The Specialist will report into the HEM events manager and will support the team in the development and implementation of the trade show/event plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the events team in planning and executing events.
- Collaborate and support with event logistics including trade show registration, rooming list management and updating show communications.
- Coordinate and maintain the management of trade shows properties including product samples with exhibit houses.
- Provide support for regional and smaller size shows.
- Potential travel to support onsite events – up to 30% percent of the time.
- Support the team with show project management, expenses and other duties as needed.
- Manage daily administrative tasks to ensure the Events department runs smoothly.
- Maintains and communicates annual master tradeshow calendar.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, events, business or related discipline
- 1+ years of related marketing experience, ideally in trade show and event marketing, demand generation, or sales enablement
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at various stages and to use resources effectively and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral
- Strong project management skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines and to adapt to continually changing project information, inputs, and priorities
- Enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Capable of standing comfortably for up to eight hours a day, working long hours, and traveling occasionally
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.