Enterprise IT Application Performance Manager - St. Louis, MO (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
As an Enterprise I.T. Application Performance Manager, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing the performance and up time of enterprise-level applications used by the organization. You will be required to identify and resolve performance issues, provide technical support, and optimize application performance to ensure that end-users have the best service experience.
You will develop and maintain processes for responding to service degradation and disruption. Ensuring the fastest path to restoring service health. Own the coordination of technical resources across the I.T. functions. Effectively communicate status of service disruptions and mitigations to impacted business community and with levels of business management. Produce RCA reports for management and identify all follow up actions to prevent recurrence driving an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
This is a hybrid position that can be located in multiple Hubbell offices including, Greenville (SC), Shelton (CT) or St. Louis (MO).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the effort to optimize the performance of enterprise information system applications, working collaboratively with application owners, network administrators, and database administrators.
- Develop and maintain performance monitoring and analysis tools and processes to track the performance of enterprise applications.
- Develop performance optimization strategies and lead implementation efforts, including tuning databases, optimizing code, and improving infrastructure.
- Define an orchestrated approach to monitoring to effectively utilize tools at the infrastructure, database, application, and synthetic testing levels.
- Evaluate monitoring tools and optimize the use establishing consistency across the application estate to ensure service level targets of up time are met.
- Define and maintain processes to effectively respond to service disruption or service outage events.
- Triage degraded performance and service disruption situations in production environments to restore full system health.
- Produce complete root cause analysis reports on any critical production system disruption events.
- Integration and automation with service management tools and third-party sources to keep pace with expanding and evolving infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software engineers and stakeholders to prioritize performance improvements and ensure that performance requirements are met.
- Communicate performance metrics and progress to stakeholders, including executives, management, and end-users.
- Define KPIs for I.T Operations that will drive continuous improvement in service levels
- Mentor and coach junior members of the performance management team.
Skills and Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in performance engineering, capacity planning, or related field.
- Expertise in performance testing, monitoring, and analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience with enterprise information systems, including ERP, CRM, SCM and customer facing web applications.
- Expertise in performance optimization strategies, including database tuning, code optimization, and infrastructure optimization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Cloud based architecture experience and ability to optimize performance on Azure, AWS
- Dynatrace, Logic Monitor, Idera, and other monitoring tools
- API monitoring, service monitoring, container monitoring, end user experience monitoring, database monitoring, network monitoring and log monitoring
- Linux and Windows administrations
- Strong technical acumen across all levels of the application stack, network through user interface.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and define paths to solutions.
- Ability to prioritize teams’ objectives and projects.
- Ability to communicate Performance objectives across I.T. organization and relevant KPI to senior business leaders on the health of the application estate
- Strong people management skills
- Strong cross-function collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Clearly articulate objectives, delegate challenges to inspire and grow teams’ competencies.
- Balance team and stakeholder relationships and take responsibility for team accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.