Senior Magnetics Design Engineer
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer designs Acme products, meeting or exceeding company production and quality standards, and meeting customer delivery requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design custom magnetics from concept, including development of mechanical and electrical components.
- Responsible for new product designs, cost estimates, and research development initiatives.
- Design Inductors and Reactors for low and high-power applications, 1VA – 500KVA.
- Design Reactors and Inductors for high frequency applications (1khz – 500khz, 1Watt – 100KW).
- Design using iron core, air core and ferrite core as required.
- Standardize designs and materials.
- Organize and maintain design project schedules.
- Clearly organize and document product design records while following established system guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to Customers, Technical Sales, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
- Design to meet Agency/compliance requirements and internal quality standards and manufacturing practices.
- Assure product quality by designing effective electrical testing methods for manufacturing.
- Coordinate and communicate prototyping efforts with manufacturing and vendors when applicable.
- Familiarity with solar and wind energy conversion.
- Experience with Single Phase and Three Phase Adjustable Speed Drive AC reactors and DC Chokes.
- Experience with RLC Bandwidth Filters
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 3 years’ experience or equivalent related engineering experience.
- Experience in the design of electrical components/magnetics.
- Experience in design for manufacturability desired.
- Power electronics knowledge and experience a plus.
- UL/CSA, NEMA transformer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple work efforts/projects to meet deadlines in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and create detailed technical wiring diagrams, schematics, and bill of materials.
- Strong organizational, written, oral and professional skills.
- Experience with Transformer Design software such as OPS, FEA or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted design methods/concepts, design principles and basic engineering skills required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical work methodology and problem-solving skills, including use of statistical methods.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing plants when required.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated / Acme
N56 W13385 Silver Spring Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!