Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Provide Administrative support to the site VPGM, and advanced support of multiple staff members in the Centralia office. Customer site visit planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, plan, organize and communicate customer visits.
- Run community outreach projects with the chamber of commerce and local newspaper.
- Maintain customer shared calendar for Centralia campus.
- Ensure all day-to-day administrative duties are assigned and covered.
- Work closely with the assigned leadership team to ensure effective communication, effective team dynamics and optimal workflow.
- Manage the Centralia office to include supplies, employee door name signs.
- Maintain files.
- Applies advanced skills and procedures to a variety of time sensitive tasks.
- Manage and route phone calls appropriately.
- Schedule in-house and external meetings
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Manage Purchase requisitions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality in all aspects of services provided.
- Proven ability to show and demonstrate on a consistent basis, initiative, professionalism, drive for results, and knowledge within the organization.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Possess an engaging and approachable style for interaction with internal and external employees/customers.
- Ability to make sound decisions and take necessary actions.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment, as required.
- Ability to lift and move office supplies weighing up to 15 pounds.
Skills and Experience
Recommended Educational Background:
- 5 to 10 years’ administrative experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite required – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- SAP knowledge a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.