Manufacturing Engineer - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Fenton, MO 63026
The Manufacturing Engineer is a hands-on position that is responsible for leading and coordinating manufacturing process development while maintaining and maximizing safety, quality, and efficiency for existing and new products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze current state processes, plan future processes and collaborate with production, quality, supply chain, design engineering, and marketing to solve and improve manufacturing methods.
- Identify, justify, and implement cost reduction and capital improvement projects.
- Lead and execute automation projects including responsibilities such as, machine design and selection, financial justification, installation, work instructions, training.
- Provide production floor with technical support to help solve problems.
- Develop production cell layouts to facilitate process improvements.
- Create manufacturing plan for NPD products and validate using Lean tools, testing, and pilot builds.
- Establish routings for current and new products.
- Lead and participate in kaizen events and continuous improvement activities.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years in the manufacturing engineering field.
- Possess the skills necessary to read, analyze, and interpret general procedures and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and projects while being detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Must be able to work independently and foster teamwork with others.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Features strong digital literacy of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with preferred CAD/drawing software experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the assembly tools, machinery, and general manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Lean tool experience required with Green/Black belt and/or Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- Automation experience required, Controls experience a plus.
- CNC programming experience a plus.
- ERP system (SAP) experience a plus.
- Casting tooling experience a plus.
- Must be able to stand/walk or sit/type 10-90% of workday.
- Occasional lifting required (up to 35 lbs.).
- 10% Travel
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.