Quality Manager - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring a Quality Manager to our growing team!
The Quality Manager will oversee the quality function to enhance customer satisfaction, decrease internal scrap, and maintain ISO registration. The role involves managing a site-wide quality program, developing and implementing quality plans, maintaining quality systems, responding to quality problems, representing the company in audits, investigating customer complaints, and participating in the supplier qualification process. The role requires a BS degree, a minimum of 5 years of quality experience in manufacturing, proficiency in ISO standards, hands-on leadership, and strong communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a site-wide, multi-product quality program, through both direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Ensures quality product for inbound raw materials, WIP and outbound finished goods.
- Develops and implements quality plans to ensure conformity of purchased material, manufactured parts and final products to quality standards.
- Revises and updates the quality manual to incorporate changes and enhancements.
- Develops and maintains all quality systems such as SPC, gauge calibration, quality notifications, corrective actions, product performance inquiries, internal auditing, and first article inspection.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Develops and implements corrective actions for quality problems.
- Prepares for and represents the Company in all internal and external audits.
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel.
- Controls department expenses to budgetary standards.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints.
- Participates in the supplier qualification process.
- Makes shared decisions and recommendations concerning quality.
- Makes final decisions concerning accepting/rejecting incoming material.
- Gives final approval of operating expenditures up to corporate guidelines.
- Participates collaboratively as a member of the HUBBELL Utility Solutions (HUS) Quality.
- Managers Council achieving ISO 9001:2015 registration within the Consolidated Registration.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior quality experience in a high paced manufacturing setting (5-Year Minimum)
- Must have proficient working knowledge of ISO standards.
- Must be a very hands-on leader.
- Must be able to travel on a limited basis.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Must have the have the ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
This position is located at: 6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.