Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Connector Manufacturing Company
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
Individual will be responsible for OEM product engineering activities within current ISO requirements, safety requirements, and good housekeeping standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draw, revise and issue part drawings.
- Develop and calculate quote information for new and revised parts.
- Work with Sales on new product design or product revisions. Travel may be required.
- Draw and revise “Q” drawings.
- Assign “Q” part numbers and new nine-digit part numbers.
- Enter and revise the following on the AS400 computer system:
- Write and issue Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Maintain and issue 2x2 reference books.
- Maintain customer specification books.
- Check in vendor and customer drawings.
- Maintain engineering part files and customer part cross references.
- When necessary, draw, revise and issue prints for markers, molds, dies, gages and other tooling.
- Order all tooling and any special quality requirements for new jobs.
- Store technical catalogs, related literature and any other types of engineering documents.
- Other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Successfully complete:
- Know the different items which makeup the engineering work station including the computer print files, part folder files, and other related materials and items.
- Understand the different functions of engineering including setting up new nine digit numbers, bill of materials, issuing prints, quotes, routings, ECN’s and other design functions based on customer needs.
- Know where to find resource materials (i.e.: customer drawings, customer spec book, 2X2 reference books, etc.)
- Understand how raw materials, components, and finished products are identified using the nine-digit part number system
- Show the trainee the master print drawing files in the engineering department and explain how the drawings are filed plus associated documents.
- Understand how engineering drawings are laid out, the pertinent dimensions, any CMS Specification or other requirements.
- Understand operating procedures and work instructions.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required. At CMC’s discretion, exceptions to these can be made to accommodate individual circumstances.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to perform basic reading, writing and mathematical functions and prior experience reading manual calipers. Employee should be familiar with current ISO requirements and with engineered drawings.
- Language Skills – Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and written.
- Mathematical Skills – Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Training, and Job Qualification –
- Physical Requirements - Required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!