Sr. Firmware Engineer - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Rd., Boonton, NJ 07005
The Senior Software (Firmware) Engineer will be an integral part of our R&D group that develops complex software products for the Electric Utility Market. The Senior Firmware Engineer will architect and implement highly complex embedded software in higher-level languages for embedded microprocessor-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform driver development on ARM processors in the Linux development environment(Examples: CPU-DDR, CPU-FPGA, CPU-NVRAM, CPU-DSP, CPU-PHY etc.)
- Perform software development at Linux applications level to add new product features and/or for bug fixes
- Design and develop Linux-based embedded firmware based on requirements specifications (C, C++)
- Perform u-boot level changes, troubleshooting for ARM processors in the Linux environment
- Interface third-party software stacks with main firmware application running in the ARM processors
- Efficiently work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented product development environment
- Participate in firmware architecture development, reviewing design specifications with other cross-functional teams
- Help with requirements breakdown analysis
- Support Production, Service, Test, and Sales in all phases of product development including post-engineering support
Skills and Experience
- BSEE or BSCS degree
- Strong experience with Linux-based "C", "C++" development
- Experience with ARM processors in development environment
- Proven track record for firmware development at Linux application level (based on business-logic) for feature additions/implementation
- Exposure to ethernet-technology (TCPIP) based firmware development in a Linux environment
- Proven track record for successful product development/enhancement based on legacy firmware
- Must be able to read schematics, debug analog & digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer & similar tools for troubleshooting
- Demonstrated use of static code analysis tools such as "Source Insight", "SonarQube","Klocwork/Rogue Wave", etc.
- Familiarity w Texas Instrument's ARM processors
- Strong ability to troubleshoot & preform root cause analysis
- Strong team player w excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be self-driven, achievement oriented with ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently
- Experience w Sitara family
- Prior development experience involving communication protocols SNMP, DNP, IEC61850
- Familiarity w DevOps, VSTS environments
- Development experience w DSPs and PIC controllers
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.