Manufacturing Engineer (Welding) - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
To support the manufacturing operations, including determining the most cost-effective method of manufacturing components with existing equipment/facilities as well as proposing new methods/equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble-shoot and resolve re-occurring manufacturing process issues.
- Prepare justification documentation for capital expenditures.
- Assist in tool design and manufacturing process development.
- Assist in the development of cost saving measures through the continuous improvement process (Kaizen).
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for new and existing product lines.
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions.
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
- Cross functional opportunities to Business Unit to include quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Investigate and implement safety and ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years prior experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Welding knowledge and experience required
- CNC Machine and Plasma Table programming experience highly preferred
- Fixture and tool design experience preferred
- Competent skills in MS Office suite of applications
- Previous SAP Experience preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.