Maintenance Operative 5:00p-1:30anance Operative
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for maintaining production equipment, facilities and grounds in accordance with local, state, federal and company laws and guidelines. May be asked to perform other task to fulfill company needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists and hand and power tools; examining equipment for root cause failure.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by responding to production downtime events to ensure that equipment is repaired as soon as possible. Informing production workers of emergency and routine preventive maintenance completion.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment; Mills, lathes and drill presses etc.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Must have extensive knowledge of power systems up to 480V and associated ARC Flash requirements
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some technical school education preferred.
- Minimum of three-five years related experience
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance related areas.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels in the company.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, will require long periods of standing, kneeling, crouching and walking.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.