Regional Sales Director, Electric Meters - North Central Region
Location: United States
Job Type: Not Specified
The Electric Meter Sales Director will be responsible for driving bookings and revenue opportunities associated with Aclara Meters to Electric Utilities, within assigned US and/or Canada territory. As a member of the Sales team, this person will be a highly networked, experienced industry professional who can expertly develop, close, and manage comprehensive Aclara deals while working in a matrixed Sales organization alongside Enterprise and Geographic Sales Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales bookings for Electric Meters to both direct customers and via channels.
- Build, extend, and manage a diverse network of contacts within utility management and project teams, key Aclara partners, consultants, and other industry stakeholders.
- Serve as an expert on Electric Meters to relevantly and effectively represent our offerings cross-functionally within utility companies.
- Analyze the assigned accounts and territory and develop actionable sales plans to penetrate and grow Aclara’s market share for Electric Meters.
- Perform all activities in the sales cycle around the Electric Meter offer —generate leads, qualify opportunities, educate customers, quarterback proposal development, and lead sales meetings/presentations. Work closely with the overall Aclara and Hubbell account owners to coordinate the Electric Meter business into Aclara’s account portfolio.
- Maintain positive client relationships to ensure client satisfaction, account growth, new business acquisition, and customer loyalty through cross-selling and upselling.
- Convey customer requirements and market direction to Aclara’s product management, partners and development teams to ensure a healthy and relevant product roadmap.
- Represent the company in a manner consistent with its core values and team-based approach.
- Maintain current account and opportunity information in Salesforce.com.
- Coordinate closely with Aclara partners for opportunities and deals within the associated territory that include partner components.
- Deliver effective sales presentations that encompass electric meters equipped with both Aclara-owned and partner technologies.
- Support Product Management by monitoring and gathering market/product intelligence from existing and prospective customers, competitors, and potential technology partners.
- Follow all established Sales and Account Management processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Adhere to all Hubbell corporate policies.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology-related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working within the utility industry with well-established relationships at relevant organizational levels. Strong ability to network and establish new and/or expanded relationships by employing ‘high touch’ strategies.
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent with experience in driving business opportunities and developing markets.
- Must possess the ability to grasp complex selling challenges while formulating strategies to advance business plans across a multitude of accounts.
- Should have advanced knowledge of the offers and business cases that support electric meters and advanced metering infrastructure.
- Must be able to effectively communicate a value proposition and to work both independently and as a member of a broader team.
- Master’s or advanced degree in Business or equivalent area of study.
- Five (5) years’ experience working specifically with electric meters or related utility distribution products.
- Ability to travel up to 50% via air or land.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.