Sr. Manager Operations - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Ave, East
Aiken, SC 29801
Provide leadership and is responsible for all aspects of the Operation; personnel, productivity, on-time delivery performance, cost, and budgeting/forecasting. Manage and develop a team in a fast paced environment with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery performance, utilizing business practices/processes to include 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Deploy company and factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originates, measures, and improves key indicators for the business unit (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost).
- Ensures the quality systems are established and maintained.
- Continues to enhance the LEAN culture. Ensures the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment through “continuous improvement” and 5S. Implements and drives “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Develop budgets and forecasts. Approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establishes work requirements and ensures production schedules are met.
- Develop Staff and a culture within the business unit dedicated to the highest levels of quality and customer service.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing - 5S, Waste Elimination, Process Improvement etc…
- Dynamic, results oriented, disciplined leadership
- Staff development and engagement skills
- Good communication & training skills
- Excellent problem solving & facilitation skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.