Buyer Planner - Cuba, MO
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrew's Way
Cuba, MO 65453
We are seeking a highly skilled Buyer Planner to join our team. In this dynamic and complex role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for performing scheduling and purchasing functions to support our make-to-order manufacturing operations. The Buyer Planner will work closely with cross-functional teams, including production, engineering, and sales, to evaluate and adjust the production schedule to meet customer delivery requirements and utilize production capacity efficiently.
What You Will Do
- Manage relationships and performance of existing suppliers and act as required
- Manage purchasing activities to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet schedules
- Analyzes and adjusts, as necessary, purchasing activities that are affected by changes in raw material and equipment
- Assist with physical inventory counts, preparation, and work to minimize supermarket size
- Ensure competitive pricing from the supplier base.
- Manage supplier activity to ensure the timely release of purchase orders and timely arrival of materials in the plant.
- Works to make shared decisions and recommendations concerning MRP schedules, product substitution and lead times.
- Analyzes and adjusts, as necessary, production schedules that are affected by changes in raw material and equipment
- Performs other duties and or assignments as needed
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing and production planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and negotiations
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ERP/MRP systems; SAP would be helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.