Senior Associate Quality Engineer - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for customer satisfaction, achieving plant quality objectives (customer complaints, warranty cost, DPPM, scrap cost, etc.), maintaining and improving the plant’s Business Operating Systems. This position functionally reports the Plant Manager. The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to achieve plant quality targets for reduction in customer complaints, warranty cost, and DPPM (defective parts per million) level
- Lead 8D or other systematic corrective action processes within facility to ensure rapid and permanent resolution of customer complaints.
- Lead efforts to implement COPQ (cost of poor quality) reporting and actions to minimize COPQ in accordance with Hubbell’s policies.
- Support all quality systems and functions, such as Machine Capabilities, control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis Plans, SPC, Receiving Inspection, Tool Inspection, Subcontractor Development, PPAPs, Corrective Actions, PFMEA and customer contact activities.
- Help drive continuous improvement and activities related to minimizing the costs of non-conformance and improved customer satisfaction.
- Work cross functionally to problem solve and correct production and quality-related issues and implement corrective actions to eliminate Quality problems.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and aptitude of quality systems.
- Experience and knowledge with APQP, SPC, MSA, and GD&T required.
- Required working knowledge and experience with computers, preferably with Microsoft WINDOWS applications. Leadership or supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work with little direction, and function in a team-oriented environment required.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, blueprints, schematics, gauges, and measuring instruments. Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauging.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or ability to achieve certification within 2 years is desired.
Must possess excellent analytical and problems solving skills. Must be well organized and possess a sense of urgency. Should have the ability to interact with all levels of associates across the organization and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude. Must be willing to embrace change and able to implement change. Good planning and organization skills are essential, along with the ability to work independently and with a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.