Director, HR - Hubbell Utility Solutions (St. Louis, MO)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We're hiring a Director, Human Resources to our winning team!
The HR Director position is a critical member of the Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) human resources leadership team and responsible for understanding both HUS business drivers and human resource capabilities to help drive overall Hubbell business growth. The HR Director will be a trusted advisor to the HUS business in relation to all areas of human resources. The HR Director will lead a team and collaborate across the enterprise including other HR teams and the corporate Centers of Excellence (CoE) to drive company and HUS strategic goals. The HR Director will be involved in strategic projects that establish infrastructure and initiatives to enable rapid growth and scalability in the HUS organization. The HR Director position reports into the HUS VP, HR and partners with the HUS executive management team. Today, this role has accountability for the HUS Technology and Finance organizations.
Human Resources Strategy:
- Work with segment leadership team and matrixed organizations to develop a comprehensive people strategy in support of the functional and HUS strategic goals.
- Work with the HR CoE, our functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.), and HR leadership across the enterprise to ensure the alignment and effective delivery of HR support/services to the business and functions.
- Help drive all technology and finance people initiatives, through HR practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, benefits, diversity, etc.
- Build programs to support retention strategies, career development and mobility across the teams and across the organization.
- Collaborate with the global HR community to ensure local execution of processes and plans.
- Ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, mentorship, and support on employee relations issues.
- Partner with leaders and CoE to establish and measure key people metrics, aligned with goals and drive progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
Talent Assessment and Development:
- Conduct interpersonal talent assessments; continually drive improvements in talent development and acquisition.
- Drive performance management routines and implement execution of individual development plans and performance correction plans.
- Continually develop talent within the organization and improve the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Conduct annual talent review and succession planning discussions, ensuring ongoing dialogue and continual review of succession and pipeline needs.
Effective HR Leadership and Execution:
- Develop strategies to increase employee engagement.
- Apply org effectiveness solutions to drive team and individual performance.
- Ensure HR operations enable business results while providing vision, leadership, and excellence in execution.
- Develop career ladders/progressions, job descriptions and specifications, analyze competitive salary data, and decide upon appropriate wage/salary ranges, in conjunction with total rewards teams.
- Review and make recommendations to segment leadership on needed compensation actions. Review or approve all hiring, terminations, and changes of classification and salary.
- Review annual incentive plans that are specific to the segment with the Senior Management team to align with business goals and ensure all HR legal requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and conduct investigations of concerns and complaints; involve appropriate individuals, seek Legal advice, when appropriate, and successfully resolve employee relations issues with credible, creative, and consistent solutions; work with labor organizations as the need arises.
- Represent the Company in handling and administering collective bargaining agreements as required.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in a sophisticated Business Partner role or broad HR leadership position
- Leadership experience of small to mid-size teams is a plus.
- Experience dealing with Immigration matters and external counsel
- Successful partnerships and work within a heavily matrixed environment are key to this role’s success.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional colleagues to influence strategies within HR and the business.
- Travel up to 25% of the time – to HUS locations and our corporate office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information expertly; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when taking care of emotional topics
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s degree preferred (HR, Psychology, OD and Business degrees most relevant)
- Additional certifications (i.e., PHR, SPHR or SHRM-SCP) may be useful.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1 #LI-Hybrid
77 Westport Plaza Drive, Suite 500, St. Louis, MO 63146
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.