Materials Manager - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Rd, Boonton, NJ 07005
We are seeking a highly motivated Materials Manager to join our Utility Automation Business Unit in Boonton, NJ. As the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for managing the global supply chain for the Boonton location. This includes sourcing, inventory management, buying, and production scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the supplier qualification process to reduce single source risk
- Negotiate supplier pricing for maximum competitiveness
- Manage the procurement, receipt, storage, delivery of materials to production areas and shipping
- Manage the scheduling of customer orders and procurement of material to meet committed delivery dates to customers
- Develop master schedule to prepare short range plans for plant production activities.
- Analyze and adjust production schedules that are affected by changes in raw material and/or equipment
- Works with site production manager to drive the adherence to the production master schedules and responds as appropriate to significant deviations to seek alternate material options. Optimize material flow to satisfy customer requirements and meet revenue commitments
- Work with Operations on capacity constraints, lean activities, and material issues
- Manage MRP process and release of purchase orders for timely arrival of materials in plant Balance production operations considering product mix, make calculations, and update schedules accordingly
- Develop annual inventory plans and monthly forecasts
- Manage annual physical inventory process
- Review BOM and routing changes
- Manage logistics department for orderly material receipt, storage, and shipment with optimized costs
- Manage the packaging and shipment of finished goods to customers for optimal cost/protection plan
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in materials management, procurement, or supply chain management in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Travel up to 10% may be required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems; strongly prefer SAP
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.