Accounts Payable Coordinator III
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position would report to the BU Controller and would assist in accounts payable invoice processing, monthly closing and helping to ensure adherence to Company Policies and Procedures. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, processing, tracking and recording payments in an accurate and timely manner, accrued purchase receipts, aiding in monthly close process, posting of journal entries, and preparation of account reconciliations. Responsibilities require fundamental knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform invoice and general-ledger data entry
- Handles payment to vendors in an organized and timely manner
- Monitors the accrued purchase receipt accounts at all Ripley entities
- Tie out Corporate AP intercompany balance each month
- Perform month end activities for our close process including preparing journal entries as it relates to accounts payable
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including internal control documentation and testing of internal controls, as it relates to accounts payable
- Provide support for internal and external compliance audits
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of bank account ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders against invoices and resolving discrepancies
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (i.e. VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with understanding of end-to-end processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work across all organizational levels, departments and groups
- Teamwork skills - demonstrated support of peers and respectful communication
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.