Lean Trainer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for sustaining the continuous improvement culture throughout the facility. Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, profitability, and the efficiency of operations. This includes training employees on Lean tools, planning and facilitating Kaizen events, monitoring performance vs. improvement targets, sustaining changes made during events and execution of continuous improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate waste reduction (i.e. LEAN) initiatives through formal Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) events.
- Promote a LEAN culture through-out the facility – promoting, encouraging, and demanding.
- Employ the use of LEAN methodologies to drive improvement initiatives.
- Develop training materials pertaining to LEAN methodologies.
- Conduct LEAN training for both salaried and hourly associates.
- Develop, track and report on metrics measuring the success derived from Kaizen events.
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Implement and update Value Stream Maps.
- Attend pertinent industry and/or LEAN training and seminars.
- Determine the most effective ways to use the basic factors of production (people, machines, materials, environment, information, and energy) to make a product.
- Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
- Manage requests in a timely and professional way.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing shop floor and CIP experience.
- Must have excellent knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and methodologies.
- Exhibit proficiency in a wide range of process improvement tools for the identification and elimination of waste which include: problem solving/root cause analysis, instituting pull systems, TPM, 5S, visual management, SMED, VSM, standard work, etc. Lean, Lean Sigma, or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus.
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.