Materials Handler - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Perform and combination of following tasks to receive, store, and distribute products within the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Read schedule, customer orders, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distribute.
Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas by hand, or forklift
Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
Take care of routine maintenance and keep the work area clean and neat.
Skills and Experience
- Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
- Must be able to pass the respiratory test per OSHA requirement.
- Assist all supervisor and perform other duties as needed and direct
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.