Group Leader 3rd Shift - Aurora, IL
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
945 Corporate Blvd
Aurora, IL. 60188
Our Aurora distribution center is growing! The team lead must be flexible to all aspects of the department’s function. They must demonstrate the ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate, and control the day to day operations of the warehouse. Flexibility to work overtime is required. This position's schedule would be Sunday - Thursday, 9:30pm - 6:30am.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train, coach, and guide employees to achieve continuous improvement.
- Assist with training of newly employed workers.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Monitors RF with SAP to ensure all scheduled shipments are picked in a timely manner.
- Research and analyze problems, determine, and implement corrections.
- Schedules unloading of all inbound trailers and assigns receiving personnel to perform unloading and put-away tasks.
- Uses SAP to ensure all materials are receipted and put-away in a timely and efficient manner.
- Processes orders to completion in SAP to ensure accurate shipment of orders.
- Identifying any missing, lost or damaged materials and immediately notify the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all the merchandise is safely and securely packed and labeled for shipping.
- Participate in team and safety meetings.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the facility through the 5’s methodology.
- Complete daily reports as needed and do so in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the leadership team in projects and assignments as needed.
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a high-volume distribution center is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate well within all levels of the organization.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals/demands.
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to be a team player, maintain a positive attitude and lead by example.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.