Customer Service Account Specialist - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Build and maintain a solid working relationship with HPS customers. Act as the HPS lead to organize and prepare quotation proposals and review customer orders for acceptance. Coordinate technical and commercial requirements. Support field sales and customers regarding product needs. Be the first point of contact for our customers. Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives. Research and resolve Accounts Receivable issues. Investigate and resolve issues related to returned goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a territory or set of accounts with the objective of providing outstanding service.
- Review quotation requests promptly, secure competitive feedback as available, and if applicable submit quotation requests to Business Units with pertinent comments.
- Organize and review all bids with special, non-standard commercial bid requirements (i.e.; terms and conditions, warranty clauses). Recommend HPS modifications and obtain approvals.
- Work as a liaison between Engineering, Marketing, Field Sales, and HPS customers regarding product requirements, application questions, and potential issues.
- Issue finalized quotations to customers, including organizing and addressing commercial and technical requirements.
- Identify and grow opportunities within your account base and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
- Review purchase orders to ensure requirements are adequately defined and documented, that differences are resolved prior to order entry, and that HPS has the capability to meet contractual requirements.
- Discuss important quotations, significant purchase orders, returned goods requests and any other important transactions with Customer Service Manager, Territory Manager and Regional VP of Sales.
- Coordinate resolution of customer complaints, warranty replacements, returned goods, and any discrepancies.
- Resolve credit and accounts receivable issues.
Skills and Experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to communicate effectively in telephone, electronic, and face-to-face interactions; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment for 8+ hours per day, as required.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
BA/BS in Business- or Marketing-related fields preferred; and 2-4 years customer service experience preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.