Sr. Associate Product Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
We are seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Associate Design Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for various aspects of product development, product line maintenance, production release, production support, and product applications. Working closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, New Product Engineering, Customer Service, Field Sales, and Management, you will contribute to the success of our product line and ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests, testing and interfacing with various departments including operations, manufacturing engineering, sourcing, new product development & quality departments)
- Engineering designs and analysis with an 80% emphasis in Mechanical Engineering & 20% in Electrical Engineering. Focus will be in the area of High Voltage Transmission Line hardware and assemblies.
- Review of customer specifications and requirements for project needs and provide solutions with existing product offering combinations. For instances where existing product offerings do not exist, part modifications or new products will need to be developed.
- Participate in or lead lean initiatives related to product line development, support, and maintenance.
- Interface closely with Marketing Team members to develop the technical documents necessary for bidding packages. Required information will include drawings, costs, test reports and any other documents needed.
- Maintain and create AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor 2-D and 3-D files needed for Marketing or Manufacturing needs.
- Perform or oversee mechanical and electrical testing required for product development and maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Field Sales and Customers in the areas of product performance, applications, and maintenance.
- Assist in product training activities that may involve internal staffing or customer training events.
- Very limited travel requirements involving off-site testing of products, Marketing support, field review of product applications or training activities
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- AutoDesk Inventor 2D/3D knowledge and Microsoft Office Suite
- 2+ years' experience would be helpful
- Prior experience in the Electric Utility market preferred but not required
- Ability to travel on business related trips (limited travel needs)
- Ability to walk around the manufacturing shop floor and lift 50 pounds as needed (part inspection, part fit check, product testing, etc.)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.