Regional Sales Engineer (Northeast)
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) designs and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by electric, water, and gas utilities world-wide. These products include high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, and underground products used by electric utilities. HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and combines these solutions to offer one of the most complete system portfolios in the industry.
The Utility Automation Business Unit designs and manufactures systems and components enabling Utilities to manage the major industry trends impacting the electric grid today. These products include Capacitor Switches and Banks, Reclosers, Load Break Switches, Switchgear, Electronic Sectionalizers, Grid Line Sensors, Sectionalizing Cabinets, Primary Metering Units, Substation Communications, and Substation Protective Relaying. Distribution Automation functions performed with these components include Volt/VAR Optimization (VVO), Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR), Substation Teleprotection and other advanced applications, with associated communications abilities, enabling utilities to modernize their grid as distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, and the rapid electrification of society proliferates.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for driving bookings and revenue opportunities associated with RFL brand offerings to all markets and account types within an assigned geography. As a leading member of the technical sales team, this person will be an industry professional who can expertly develop, close, and manage comprehensive deals while developing relationships and account plans that leverage the company's strengths across all levels of customer organizations. The Regional Sales Manager must possess the ability to convey the value of the RFL brand product alongside the broader Hubbell Incorporated value proposition. The individual will also support the manufacturers representatives within its region in promoting/selling products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all activities in the sales cycle—generate leads, qualify opportunities, educate customers, quarterback proposal development, and lead sales meetings/presentations.
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales bookings growth in assigned product lines, market areas, and channels.
- Build, extend, and manage a diverse network of contacts within assigned accounts, key partners, consultants, and other industry stakeholders.
- Prepares and conducts technical sales presentations within designated territory
- Analyze the assigned accounts and territory and develop actionable sales plans to penetrate and grow RFL’s market share.
- Work with the internal Engineers and Product Management to provide product and/or project information in the preparation of quotations directly to customers, manufacturers representatives, and/or distributors when necessary and required
- Provide training and technical information directly to customers, manufacturers representatives, and/or distributors for products and applications
- Assist in the preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Maintain positive client relationships to ensure client satisfaction, account growth, new business acquisition, and customer loyalty through cross-selling and upselling.
- Aid in the organization and presentation of materials and attend Trade Shows, Customer Demonstrations, Sales and Customer Trainings as needed
- Influence customer specifications where practical
- Provide competitive information to internal departments as required
- Recommends product and product line revisions and pricing changes
- Convey customer requirements and market direction to product management to ensure a healthy and relevant roadmap.
- Drive the external manufacturers representative firms in the development and closing of customer opportunities
- Maintain manufacturers representative scorecard/ratings and conduct periodic reviews with each firm to ensure peak performance for the business
- Maintain customer opportunity status in Salesforce.com and report out on periodic reviews with Product Management
- Maintain manufacturers representative commissions due and report to finance monthly
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working within the electric utility and/or industrial communications industry.
- Experience in Application Engineering, Sales, or customer facing role preferred
- Strong ability to network and establish new and/or expanded relationships by employing ‘high touch’ strategies.
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent in driving business opportunities and developing markets.
- Must possess the ability to grasp complex selling challenges while formulating strategies to advance business plans across a multitude of accounts.
- Knowledge of the offers and business cases that support Enterprise Communication Networks, IT/OT Convergence, Substation Automation Technologies, Distributed Energy Resources/Distributed Generation
- Knowledge in protective relaying, relaying communications, packet-based communications, Power Line Carrier and T1/SONET products and application in the power utilities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate a value proposition and to work both independently and as a member of a broader team.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com a plus
- Experience with SAP and MS office software preferred
- Willingness and ability to be located in a specified territory