Machine Operator (OEM Tables)
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Assemble parts in a timely manner per print for customer orders at various workstations throughout the assembly area, while complying with current ISO requirements, all safety requirements, and good housekeeping standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble and package product per requirements of the part print specifications, shop orders and inspection charts.
- Operate manual, semi-automatic or automatic assembly machines and air drivers as required.
- May be required to work at any station to meet production requirements.
- Perform at a level necessary to maintain production standards.
- Inspect product to assure continued conformance to specifications.
- Place completed product in shipping carton.
- When required, perform rework to nonconforming product.
- May be required to train any new employee assigned to the area.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors
- Complete all documentation associated with the operation.
- Maintain the work station area in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Skills and Experience
- Language Skills – Ability to read and write. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memorandums and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills – Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!