Paint Operator - Wet Coating - 2nd Shift - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Prepares surfaces and applies epoxy and urethane wet paints to obtain high-grade finishes on parts or products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies masking tape and or caps to protect parts and components that are not to be coated.
- Wet coats surfaces of manufactured products with epoxy and urethane coatings.
- Adjust valves on spray gun to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Properly cleans and maintains all spray equipment including booth maintenance.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
Skills and Experience
- High school education or General Education Diploma (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and the multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self-motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to use the tools required (gages, guns and pumps).
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.