Marketing Associate, Copywriter
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Marketing Associate - Copywriting requires creativity, flexibility, and an interest in technology. The right candidate for this position may find themselves writing collateral for a business unit one day and messaging for a campaign the next. The most important characteristics for this position are an innate curiosity, a willingness to learn and take direction, and the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
The Marketing Associate – Copywriting reports to the Marketing Communications Manager and will work with the content team and HEM colleagues to prepare content to support campaigns promoting products, solutions, and markets. You will use the structural, style, and other guidance set forth in corporate brand and style guidelines as well as other standards accepted within the organization.
You must be a proficient writer and be able to interview subject-matter experts and others to collect the information needed for projects. You will be responsible for initial copywriting that other colleagues and/or the Marketing Communications Manager will review. This position requires a writer who can apply consistent voice, tone, and proper grammar to print and digital marketing material, identifying typos and grammar misuses before content goes into review and while it is in production.
The Marketing Associate - Copywriting must be collaborative, creative, and dedicated, and work well under pressure and against strict deadlines. The successful Marketing Associate - Copywriting will meet requirements and deadlines as established by editorial calendars and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for copywriting for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, specification sheets, brochures, emails, presentations, video and audio scripts, case studies, social media, and articles.
- Confer with internal clients and account managers to understand project requirements, objectives, and presentation concepts, and then collaborate closely with the client, Marketing Communications and HEM to create content
- Implement structural, stylistic, and other guidelines in editing that are consistent with established guidelines
- Support Marcom and HEM team members and assist internal clients (non-writers by profession) to develop and write content by adding that extra level of polish to meet the organizational guidelines
- Implement SEO and keywords guidelines to optimize digital content for search and optimal user experience
- Implement Hubbell editorial norms based on in-house writing style guides, standard accepted style practices, and shared terminology and language for consistency and professionalism across our content
- Provide input and collaboration on design concepts, content standards, and layouts
- Ensure high-quality and on-time completion of all work projects
- Adhere to editorial calendars and update content repositories to ensure efficient workflow and content maintenance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Marketing
- Understanding of and a level of comfort with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe Acrobat.
- Journalism experience
- Familiarity with using project management software in completing work product
- Interest in learning marketing automation, content creation, and project management technologies
- Understanding of content creation for all marketing channels (print, online, digital, etc.) and the special considerations for writing for the Web and the wide variety of devices that can access the Internet
- Basic knowledge of marketing channels (print, online, digital, etc.)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.