Sourcing Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. – Switching and Fusing Business Unit – Leeds, AL
The Sourcing Engineer will develop and implement sourcing strategies to meet raw material needs throughout the Switching and Fusing Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead sourcing of major commodity, engineered, and proprietary items for the Business Unit
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply
- Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for purchases products and services
- Perform complex financial and cost analysis for projects and financial justifications
- Develop a project schedule and effectively implement and manage a multitude of projects in varying stages
- Collaborate with our corporate sourcing team on cost savings and resourcing projects
- Work with Product Engineers to develop cost effective product components
- Work closely with manufacturing management to ensure inventory goals are met
- Monitor supplier performance through metrics and communication with purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineer
- Share/recommend decisions concerning sourcing decisions and vendor evaluations.
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a materials role involving sourcing activities for a manufacturing operation
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- High proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- Familiarity with quality systems, processes, and requirements
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with SAP
- Understanding of or experience working with international logistics
- Understanding of commodity markets
- PMP or other project management certification
- MBA or Master’s degree is a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.