Project Manager - Hubbell Site Flexible (Hybrid)
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Herndon, Virginia, Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, Somersworth, New Hampshire, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
This position can be assigned to a hybrid schedule in any of the following areas:
Solon, OH (Preferred), Herndon, VA, St. Louis, MO, Greenville, SC, Shelton, CT, Somersworth, NH
The Project Manager position at Aclara involves coordinating multiple Professional Services customer project implementations for the company's enterprise AMI products. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including customers, project managers, systems engineers, product managers, business analysts, developers, and other Aclara resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities include ensuring successful and timely project implementations, maintaining consistent communication and approach across multiple customer implementations, understanding delivery contracts, managing customer interactions, and overseeing project finances. This position may involve travel to customer sites or Aclara offices up to 75% of the time.
Skills and Experience
The Project Manager should have experience in major account project management, preferably in the AMI (Automated Metering Infrastructure) space, as well as a strong background in implementing complex software or hardware applications in an enterprise environment. Excellent communication, analytical, and relationship-building skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or equivalent Project Management experience of 10+ years in Water/Gas Utilities industry or AMI/AMR space)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience as a Project Manager (Utilities or similar)
- Experience implementing data-intensive software systems
- Proven success in driving implementation projects to completion
- Client-facing experience with ability to engage with C-level executives
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Certification: PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP) or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience in the AMI or Utilities industry (Gas or Water)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project Professional
- Familiarity with Project/Portfolio Management Software (e.g., OnePlan)
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server)
- Previous experience in a major consulting firm
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time to customer sites or Aclara offices
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.