Supplier Quality Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The Supplier Quality Engineer's primary role is supporting the Sourcing Resiliency Project that includes qualifying new suppliers and approving FAI packages. This position plays a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and resilience of the sourcing process by evaluating and approving suppliers and their products. The Sourcing Resiliency Project Support works closely with the sourcing team, supplier management, and quality assurance to maintain high standards and minimize risks in the supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary focus of this role is supporting the Sourcing Resiliency Project that includes qualifying new suppliers and approving FAI packages.
- Work closely with suppliers to establish quality standards and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement quality control processes to ensure that the products we receive from our suppliers meet our company's standards.
- Monitor supplier performance and conduct supplier audits to ensure compliance with our company's requirements.
- Manage supplier corrective action requests (SCAR) to ensure that all supplier quality issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that quality requirements are clearly defined and communicated to suppliers.
- Review and approve supplier quality documentation, such as inspection reports and certificates of compliance.
- Participate in supplier selection and qualification processes to ensure that our suppliers can meet our quality requirements.
- Provide technical support to suppliers on quality-related issues.
- Perform root cause analysis on supplier quality issues and implement corrective and preventive actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Experienced in approving FAI packages for series production release.
- Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered
- 3 years of Supplier Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform Capability and Measurement Systems Analysis
- Ability to develop Control Plans and PFMEA.
- Have a good understanding of APQP processes.
- Excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance skills.
- Proven problem solving and product investigation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Experience writing and revising procedures, work instructions, forms, visual aids etc.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001-2015 registered, or equivalently certified QMS.
- Ability to travel up to 10%; both domestic and international
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.