Commercial Operations Director, Water Utilities - St Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
77 W Port Plaza Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
The Commercial Operations Director, for water utilities, is a key role in the HUS business as will partner with VP of Sales and VP GMs and VP of Products to directly contribute in growth goals for the business. She/He will supervise a team in the preparation of proposals/bids, lead contract negotiation and compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment. This role has a direct impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of own team guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes needed by the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise development of complex proposals; will negotiate with customers; to ensure deals deliver shareholder value; drive competitive pricing, which includes compiling and submitting required tender documentation and following the Risk review Process established by the business.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy/processes development, and ensures delivery within area of responsibility.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers. Leverage technical experience and expertise to support efforts for data analysis and provide recommendations to increase efficiency and transparency.
- Supports the business to contribute achieve commercial metrics, including but not limited to Orders, Contribution Margin and Cash Flow.
- Partners with Sales to drive the life cycle of opportunities pursued to bring to close from Strategy to handover for execution of project.
Skills and Experience
- Seasoned Commercial Director (15+ years) , in Utility/Energy sector specialized in Water Utilities is a must.
- Subject Matter Expert in the preparation of RFPs and Commercial Contract Negotiations, to drive team to deliver high quality value driven proposals while partnering with Sales and leading team to manage risks for life cycle of complex opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (20-40%) as required to support Sales in contract negotiation and serving our customers.
- Collaborative mindset with foundations of supporting our customers both external and internal, spirit of collaboration with other functions, growth mindset and value selling skills.
- Strong motivation to apply Lean principles to analyze and resolve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- MBA or Masters degree desired
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.