CNC Programmer - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
Connector Manufacturing Company
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
To program and set up dual spindle lathes with Y-axis and live tooling, vertical machining centers, as well as other CNC mills and lathes. Programming is done using Fusion 360/Inventor Cam, manually, or at the controls on the machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs CNC equipment, primarily HAAS machines, Doosan Horizontal machines and Brothers from 3D models and drawings
- Select the most efficient tooling and method of machining for various metals
- Improve existing programs to increase efficiency
- Setting up CNC lathes and mills
- Training of machine operators to run machines safely and efficiently, training to include tooling changes and simple program modifications
- Convert older Fanuc G code programs
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together accurately
- Work alone or in a team environment
- Regular good attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop or bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of time
Skills and Experience
Experience – Individual must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience programming CNC machining centers. Individual must have experience in operation and setup of CNC machining centers. Must be proficient in the use of AutoCad and/or CadCam
Education - High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to perform basic reading and writing functions.
- Basic reading skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or measuring devices
- Must have experience with dual spindle lathes with live tooling
- Experience with Haas control required
- Experience with Fanuc controls preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.