Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
Locations: Northern Neck & Gloucester
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is looking for self-motivated individuals to join our full-time meter installation team. The Meter Installers are tasked with safely and efficiently replacing electric, gas, or water meters on residential or commercial property on behalf of a local utility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and detail the installations through company-provided handheld device.
- Maintain exceptional standards of safety and quality of work.
- Meet daily installation goals, as established by the Project Manager. Earnings increase when goals are exceeded!
Skills and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to commute to various job sites (in Company vehicle), based on project needs.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Ability to interact well with customers and uphold Aclara SGS customer standards.
- Ability to use assigned tools and work within safety guidelines.
- Previous working experience in related fields (utilities, plumbing, electrical, natural gas, telecom, solar, cable or HVAC).
- Previous experience installing or repairing electric, gas, and/or water meters.
- Experience with technology, computers, and various software programs.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment, including, but not limited to: Walking, climbing, and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in various types of weather conditions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.