Assembler II - MSA - Weekend - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
This position is a broad based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
This position is a Weekend ONLY, 3 days, Friday - Sunday, 12 hours shift with a 40 hour pay.
The starting pay is $16.00 per hour with a shift differential of $2.00 per hour.
The hours are 6am - 6pm
There will be a 3 week training REQUIRED Monday - Friday 3pm - 1130pm
**Established company with many promotional opportunities**
**Great benefits, Time off plan on day 1, Retirement, and Competitive Pay!!**
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance and training to other employees in assigned work area.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading, writing.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
PHYSICALS DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Stand and or sit on stool in one area for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Turn and assemble production parts with fingers and hands for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.