Continuous Improvement Engineer - Lenoir City, TN
Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position will be responsible for participating in Lean events, assisting in the coordination of events, and assisting in the identification of lean initiatives and opportunities within the Lenoir City, TN manufacturing site. In addition this position will assist in training and developing employees within the location in relation to Lean concepts and tools, allowing individuals to drive continuous improvements within their departments.
Candidate must be a highly motivated and independent worker who has a passion for continuous improvement and the development of others. Position will offer complex challenges that require in-depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
Continuous Improvement Leadership:
- Develops continuous improvement strategies by translating business objectives into actionable projects
- Communicates and exemplifies the company’s continuous improvement philosophy, vision and expectations
- Shares lean and continuous improvement best practices through the organization
- Act as a Lean/Continuous Improvement business partner to all departments and levels (top leadership to shop floor), challenging processes, proposing ideas and driving change
- Acts as a change agent around continuous improvement opportunity
- Trains teams in improvement processes, optimizes floor layout and material flow using lean concepts
- Implement and utilize Sustainment Techniques (SQDC, 30 Day Follow- Up Meetings, Steering Committee, and Sustainment Metrics etc.)
- Develops employee training and development on lean concepts
- Develops a lean culture throughout the location
- Prepares lean savings budget and coordinates/executes actions to reach targets
- Act a Project Manager for lean and continuous improvement related projects
- Support lean and continuous improvement initiatives for current business and also develop plans and recommendations for future business, including layout, flow and people allocation
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, lead-time and inventory
- Identifies quality improvement opportunities
- Evaluates workflow and cell design, and develops improvements to enhance productivity and safety
- Looks for opportunities to maximize efficiency and reduce waste
- Leads value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas
- Designs and leads projects to implement continuous improvement actions and achieve future state
- Tracks and executes cost reduction on process improvements
- Documents and communicates improvements in manufacturing overhead, efficiency and utilization
Skills and Experience
- This position will require a minimum of 3-5 years lean manufacturing experience
- Exposure to a Lean Environment or Lean Tools; Value Stream Mapping, 5S implementation, root cause analysis, FMEA, etc
- Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Six Sigma (GB/BB) a plus
3621 Industrial Park Drive
Lenoir City, TN 37771
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.