Buyer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing material for production needs in conjunction with balancing inventory dollars to obtain inventory days while still servicing our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships and performance of existing suppliers and take action as required.
- Manage purchasing activities to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet short range schedules for make-to-order products.
- Manage supplier activity to ensure the timely release of purchase orders and timely arrival of materials in the plant.
- Issue and maintain purchase orders
- Review system LT vs. demonstrated and work with suppliers to adjust accordingly
- Review inventory dollars to ensure we are meeting our days on hand metric
- Review and manage Safety stock levels as well as other SAP fields
- Managing the system and suppliers through unique situations
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure raw material is arriving prior to scheduled production time
- Other tasks as required by Manager
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a materials role involving sourcing activities for a manufacturing operation
- Strong experience working with MRP systems
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- Strong MS Office experience, specifically with Excel
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working in a Make-to-Order business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.