Facilities Assistant - Belmont, NH
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Automation Solutions (HAS) department creates cutting edge, custom automation for Hubbell facilities. The Facilities Assistant is primarily responsible for all shipping & receiving, documentation, vendor liaison, ordering & authorizing payments, and admin functions to support Automation build efforts on-site. Maintaining a clean and organized environment to promote high productivity and safety for the HAS team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and open all incoming shipments, locate and document incoming materials on project Bills of Materials and organize received materials in proper project staging bins.
- File Packing Lists, sign-off received materials on Purchase Orders, and finalize orders with vendors
- Ship components with proper documentation as required
- Procure and/or rent equipment for shop operations as required
- Organize and document received materials and components for Automation Technicians to assemble
- Clean and organize shop spaces, resolve safety hazards
- Check and replenish stock levels of raw materials, hardware, fittings, etc.
- Office work as assigned by the Office Manager and Production Supervisor
- Time spent performing these duties will fluctuate based on business needs.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills to professionally interface with internal and external personnel (engineering, machinist, mechanics, management)
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Self-driven to support production personnel to meet project schedules
- Experience with SAP and/or Smartsheets is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point is required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Manual dexterity required
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors
- Assist-Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.