Sr. Associate Engineer - Reading, PA
Job Type: Not Specified
The Sr. Associate Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring new / existing equipment and processes to continuously improve manufacturing safety, quality, and productivity. The duties include researching, recommending, implementing, and supporting improvement solutions. This individual will also develop factory layouts to optimize production and will be part of a team to transform from traditional manufacturing to a lean manufacturing environment with a high involvement culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with engineering and operations teams to design and develop equipment modifications to implement productivity solutions from concept to manufacturing.
- Hands on project management, including software development, and/or automation solutions.
- Develop assembly methods from design engineering drawings and writes and/or modifies assembly work instructions and acceptance test procedures.
- Design tools and fixtures for assembly and acceptance testing.
- Provide assembly support & training in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change orders, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Provide input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, factory cost work standard’s development, and other related activities.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop labor and material standards and update routings and Bill of Materials using SAP.
- Advise assembly supervision on how to best utilize lean principles to eliminate waste, improve quality, safety, ergonomics, and throughput.
- Facilitate 3D printing program of parts, assembly fixtures, etc.
- Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance with all government laws and regulations.
- Support and serve as an example for plant wide Safety initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- 0 to 1+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- SAP or equivalent business system software.
- Self-motivated and upbeat, ability to lead teams.
- Lean Manufacturing tools experience.
- Project Management.
- 3D composite printing; drawing conversion, filament selection, machine support.
- Green / Black Belt in LEAN Six Sigma.
- Prior Kaizen team involvement and /or leadership experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.