Test Engineer - (Hubbell Site Flexible)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
St. Louis, Missouri OR Portsmouth, New Hampshire
The Test Engineer will provide support for the development of new and improved test processes for use by the manufacturing and meter integration suppliers that support all Aclara products. Responsibility will include functional, burn-in, in-circuit and integration test systems. On-site support of test systems will be required for Aclara contract manufacturers, third-party integrators, meter manufacturers and customer owned facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Benchmark existing manufacturing and meter integration test systems and provide process improvement support.
- Work closely with Aclara contract manufacturers, third-party meter integrators and AMI manufacturers to design and develop and implement test software tools. These software tools may utilize web based and/or networked interfaces.
- Design, develop, and procure necessary software/hardware elements to satisfy product manufacturing tests requirements in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Aclara Design Engineering and Quality to identify process and product testability issues, requirements, and methods for new products as well as those currently in production.
- Oversee the implementation of test solutions for all manufacturing and integration processes at Aclara contract manufacturers, third-party integrators, meter manufacturers and customer facilities.
- Develop releasable documentation, as required, for all test procedures. Provide ‘hands on’ support for test equipment, implementation of test equipment, hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and process verification.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Possess 4-6 years of experience in team-based design and development in one or more of the following: PC based test equipment, Mechanical fixtures, Serial Port communications, digital and analog interface circuits and control of power circuits.
- Knowledge of VB or VB.NET or equivalent programming experience.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing test disciplines. ICT, FCT and ESS.
- Develop and lead team-based projects.
- Excellent knowledge of PC based word processing and spreadsheet software package.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
- Must be detail-oriented and can multitask.
- Able to work well in a team environment requiring excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel ~20% of the time off-site for training, manufacturing, and integration process support.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics or Computer Science.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.