Continuous Improvement Manager - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
Responsible for planning, championing, managing, reporting on and implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives in the HPS – Aiken facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and oversee the planning, development and implementation of waste reduction (i.e. LEAN) initiatives through formal Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) Events.
- Drive a LEAN culture through-out the facility – promoting, encouraging, and demanding.
- Physically contribute to continuous change by an actual hand-on approach
- Champion an annual “What’s Next” event for each Aiken Business Unit.
- Employ the use of LEAN tools and methodologies to drive improvement initiatives.
- Develop training materials pertaining to LEAN methodologies (customized where applicable for HPS-Aiken.)
- Create and implement a LEAN training regiment for both salaried and hourly associates.
- Develop, track and report on metrics measuring the success derived from Kaizen events. (Site Kaizen Dashboard)
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Assist BU Manufacturing Engineers in the inspection and analysis of equipment, processes, and operational procedures to determine opportunities to increase productivity, minimize cost, and/or to enhance product quality.
- Attend pertinent industry and/or corporate sponsored LEAN training and seminars.
Represent HPS-Aiken in divisional (HPS) and corporate Continuous Improvement related informational exchanges and gatherings.
Skills and Experience
- BS degree, Engineering or similar is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing shop floor and CIP experience.
- True passion and drive for operational excellence gained via LEAN principles
- Must have excellent knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and methodologies.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading and executing Kaizen/CIP events across various areas of a manufacturing organization.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification.
- Experience as a Manufacturing/Process/Project Engineer prior to CIP experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.