Warehouse Supervisor (1st shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
The Rocky Mount Shipping and Warehouse supervisor will manage daily shipping and warehouse operations at the Hubbell Lenoir City, Rocky Mount, NC facility. The Shipping/Warehouse supervisor will manage daily shipping and warehouse operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful candidate is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping, receiving, and warehouse procedures.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running efficiently and effectively. Warehouse inventory to be organized, well stored, and accurate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use SAP to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, barcode and other features of completed orders
- Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers, warehouse associates).
- Maintain warehouse inventory in a logical manner.
- Control budget of the shipping department.
- Collaborate with other site functional areas to execute the monthly shipping plan.
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders..
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies.
- Report to management on activities and issues.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a shipping and warehouse profession.al
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures.
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting.
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates.
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in supply chain, logistics or relative field is a definite plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.