Machine Operator (Utility)
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Assemble parts per print and shop order for customer orders at various work stations throughout the utility area. Assemble parts in a timely manner for production purposes. Comply with current ISO requirements, all safety requirements, and good housekeeping standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble and package product per requirements of the print specifications or shop orders and inspection charts.
- Operate bar assembly tables, PCL assembly tables, SSI500 assembly machine, air driver assembly tables, bagger, shrink wrap machine, tapper, label machine, torque wrench, grease pumps, and grease screws.
- May be required to work at any station to meet production requirements.
- Perform at a level to maintain production standards.
- Inspect product to assured continued conformance to specifications.
- Place completed product in shipping carton.
- Maintain the workstation area in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- When required, perform rework to nonconforming product.
- May be required to train new employees assigned to the area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisors
Skills and Experience
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience working with consolidations.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Need to be able to exercise good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical Preferred Skills - Good communication skills are key.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.