Sr. Design Engineer
Location: Crestview Hills, Kentucky, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Crestview Hills, Kentucky OR Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This position will work in the Powerohm division of Hubbell, developing and producing power resistors and related resistor systems. The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for developing new resistor designs based on customer requirements. In addition, the Senior Design Engineer will work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Purchasing and Sales personnel, ensuring production orders are produced correctly and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs for resistor systems
- Assess potential application of products and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Use technical knowledge to build sales, generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts
- Design and make improvements to existing products
- Interface directly with manufacturing team to resolve production issues
- Develop and present product demonstrations
- Travel as necessary to customer sites, meetings, conferences etc.
- Research and present reports showing potential customers the benefits of purchasing Powerohm products
- Provide technical training to clients and communicate customer feedback for future product developments
- Create production drawings in AutoCAD® and AutoCAD® Inventor
- Create Bills of Material and Routings for products within SAP
- Update Engineering documentation
Skills and Experience
- Candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of application of technology
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base with unique Engineered to Order (ETO) products
- Proficient with AutoCAD® and AutoCAD® Inventor software
- Fluent with SAP or similar ERP systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to generate/read/interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- 5+ years related work experience in related industry
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with the mechanical design and manufacturing of sheet metal enclosures
- Experience and familiarity with power resistors and applications including neutral grounding resistors (NGR’s) and dynamic braking (DB) systems
- Experience with motor controllers/drives, industrial controls, and/or power systems
- Knowledge of Thermodynamic principles.
- Familiarity with UL and CSA Standards
- Familiarity with REACH, RoHS, and Prop65 regulations
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.